Documentation Table of Contents
Access Live Stats
This tab would direct you to the stats webpage. Stats web page helps users determine the traffic to and from their websites and other important facts.
Your live stats login page would look like the one below.
It will prompt you for your user name and password.
Contact Element 74
This tab leads you to a page in which a problem can be reported or a message can be left to Element 74, 24 hrs a day 7 days a week and 365 days a year. We would get started on working on your issue as soon as we can. Some or all of your information may be required for us to effectively process your request.
The images tab lets a user add, remove and manage images which may or may not be required to their website.
The images tab has sub-tabs as usual and they are as follows:
Image manager tab helps a user add images to their database. These images may not be necessarily used in the website. A user can add or remove images. This image manager tab basically acts as a database for images for a user’s website.
Steps to follow to add images to EasyPost:
- Click on images tab
- Click on image manager sub-tab
- Click on add new image
- Click on the browse button
- Navigate to the location where the image is located
- Select the image to be uploaded
- Click the upload button
- Done. Your image is successfully uploaded to the EasyPost
- Image manager lets you change images from one category to another and also have the same image in multiple categories
Manage Image Categories
This tab helps a user organize his/her images for their website
For example a user can create categories such as Menu’s, videos etc and upload images to a particular category and then type in the name of the category which he/she wishes and then hit Enter.
In order to change an image from one category to another a user might want to click on image manager tab and then get to the image which he/she wishes to change to a different category and then click on the edit link under the corresponding image and then check the appropriate box and then hit enter.
This tab helps picture viewing experience a pleasure
This tab helps in creating galleries where all the pictures can be stored and viewed in an exceptionally great manner.
Now let’s see how these galleries can be created and organized.
- Click on images tab.
- Click on Picture gallery sub tab
- Click on add new gallery
- Type in the name of the gallery under the box which says gallery.
- Gallery main image can be selected by clicking on the image button next to the gallery main image box and then by clicking on the image from the newly popped up window with the stored images.
- Click on add gallery link at the bottom and the gallery is created
- To add images to the gallery click on edit gallery which will lead to a pop up window with all the images which were uploaded using image manager and then select the images which you need in this gallery by merely checking the check boxes below the image and click on add to gallery button.
- Your next screen will look like the one below after adding a gallery
- A user may edit a gallery by clicking on the edit button and he/she may add or remove images from the gallery.
- A user may preview the gallery by clicking on the preview gallery link
- A user may add a sub-gallery to an existing gallery by selecting the appropriate gallery and then clicking on the add sub-gallery link.
- A user may move a gallery up or down the list by selecting the gallery and clicking on the move selection up/down buttons.
A newsletter is a regularly distributed publication generally about one main topic that is of interest to its subscribers. Newspapers and leaflets are types of newsletters. Additionally, newsletters delivered electronically via email (e-Newsletters) have gained rapid acceptance for the same reasons email in general is gaining popularity over printed correspondence.
This topic covers on how to work on e newsletters which is one of the features of our EasyPost.
Our newsletter tab here has three sub-tabs which are Manage Newsletters, Manage Newsletter Categories, and Manage Newsletter Recipients.
This tab helps in managing Newsletters. Ex: adding a newsletter, deleting a newsletter, etc.
To add a newsletter, click on Manage Newsletters sub-tab under the Newsletters tab
And click on Add new Newsletter
User may start creating his/her newsletters and categorizing the newsletters as required and then may save the created Newsletters by clicking on Save Newsletter link at the bottom of the page.
Manage Newsletter Categories
User may manage categories using this tab.
To add new category for newsletters, click on the Newsletters tab and then click on the add manage newsletter categories tab
And click on Add New category link.
A new category can be created by typing in the name of the category and clicking on the add category link below in the box where the category name was typed in.
Manage Newsletter Recipients
Newsletter recipients can be managed with the help of this tab.
To add a recipient click on Manage Newsletter recipient tab and then click the Add new recipient link in the current recipient’s box.
For example: If a user wants to add a recipient named whose email address is email@example.com under admin category, click on Add New recipient link
Type in the first and last name of the recipient in the appropriate boxes and then type in the email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the email box and then click on the add recipient link below. A user may also select categorize the recipients by checking the appropriate category. After hitting the Add recipient link, the user would be prompted to select a category
Here in this box select Admin as per our example above and click on update recipient and this recipient’s email would be updated in the recipients list under admin category. Similarly, a user may create, update, and categorize the recipients as required.
Admin tools tab helps managing Members of an organization.
Admin tools tab has two sub-tabs which are Manage Members and Member categories respectively.
- User may add a new member by clicking on admin tools and then manage members and add new member link
- One Add new Member link is clicked, user would see a screen like the one below
- Enter the details of the member and click the Add member link at the bottom of the box.
- You could categorize the newly added member. Once Add member button is clicked, a new window would pop up asking for the category of the new member added
- Select the appropriate category and hit next
- Member categories can be managed by clicking on Manager categories sub-tab under the admin tools.
- Click on add new category link
- Punch in the appropriate information and then click on add category and done.
The news manager is a feature which allows you to display upcoming events or news on your home page. This section helps you understand the basics and working with News Manager on EasyPost v2.7.
- To add a news article click on News Manager tab and then click on Manage news articles sub-tab and then click on Add News article link
- Fill in the details of the event such as start date of the event, end date and time, etc as prompted in the window below. You may also choose to add the event in your calendar by merely checking the box which says add to calendar under the headline box.
- The description of the event can be typed in the rich text editor box which you see above and then click on add article link just below the text editor box and your article would be added to the news manager database.
- You may check if your news is displayed on the home page by going to your home page and clicking on the refresh button if you happen to have your home page open while editing the news manager.
- You may manage News categories by using the manage news categories sub-tab under the News manager tab.
- User can add a News category by clicking on the add news category link under the manage news category sub-tab.
- Type in the name of the category and click add category link
Commonly used buttons in Rich text editor:
|The Hyperlink button allows you to create links to documents, other pages on your site, or pages outside your site|
|The Remove hyperlink button helps you to remove the hyperlink|
|The insert image button helps you to insert an image within the content of your page|
|This button helps identify spelling mistakes done while editing a page|
|This button helps copy information. Highlight the date to be copied and click this button|
|This button helps to cut text or image from the page which is edited|
|This button helps inserting media into the content of the page. Ex: video clip|
|The Insert File button allows you to insert a link directly to a document that you have uploaded via your EasyPost|
|The insert symbol button allows the insertion of special characters like ©, ®, €, or ß.|
|The insert table button allows the insertion of tables as well as changing the settings of the table once it has been created.|
|This button helps pasting a copied or cut information to a desired location.|
|This button pastes information from a word document.|
|This button helps print the content of the page which is being edited.|
|Re does the last undone function|
|Undoes the last done function|
|This button helps to find and replace a word|
|Insert group box helps adding a box to the content of the page being edited. For example, if a user needs something to be distinct he may want to insert group box and add information in it.|
|This button would start a new paragraph.|
|This button would add a horizontal line. Ex if a user has finished typing a paragraph and he/she wishes to have a horizontal line under the paragraph, the user may click this button once he finishes typing in the paragraph without changing the cursor’s position.|
|This button switches the rich text editor to full screen and would be back to default when clicked on it again|
|This button would have the text typed in bold format.|
|This button would have the text typed in italic format.|
|This button would have the text being underlined.|
|This is the Strike through button and it would strike through the text being typed in.|
|This is the Align button which aligns the text to the left side of the page|
|This is the Align Center button which would align text to the center of the page.|
|This is the Align Right button which would align text to the right of the page.|
|This is a justify button which would align the text in such a way that it is equally aligned on the page.|
|This button helps in numbering points. Every time a user hits enter it will start another point with the consecutive number of the preceding number.|
|This button would add bullet points|
|This button would color the text.|
|This button would color the background.|
Add Menu Items
Menus are the ones displayed horizontally at the top of a page. In this picture below, the Menu items are Home, Latest News, Calendar, Our Staff, View Galleries, Content, Easy Post FAQ and Contact Us.
This section helps you understand how to work with menu items such as adding, removing and managing etc.
To add a menu item for example Home as seen in the above picture.
- Click on the site editor tab in the EasyPost page and click Edit content page sub-tab and then click on the Add New Menu Item link in red.
- Type in the name of the Menu item and the Page URL (This page can be a page in their website or can be any page on the internet).
- Image for that page can be selected by clicking on the button next to image box and it will take you to the images and you may select one of them from the available images.
- Click on add menu item link at the bottom of that window and your menu item is created.
- Similarly you may create any number of menu items.
- It is recommended that the menu items are organized for better appearance of the website.
- Menu items can be organized by creating sub-menu’s.
- To create sub menus click on the main menu item under which you wish to create the sub menu and then click on add new menu item link in red.
- Follow steps 2 through 7.
Add New Pages
This section of the guide helps understand the concept of adding pages to the menu items.
- To create a new page, user has to click on All pages and click on Add New Page link at the top as shows in the image below
- Once a user clicks on Add New Page, user would see a page similar to the one below
- User may add a title to his/her page by entering the appropriate information in the title box.
- User may clone a previously existing page by clicking on the little folder icon right next to the clone page text box and it would lead the user to another page which would have all the previously created pages. User may just click the appropriate page which he/she wishes to clone.
- User may select a category he wishes the page to be under by selecting a category from the drop down.
- User may add the created page directly to an existing menu item or may save it for later use.
- If a user wishes to add the page to a menu item then the drop down box needs to be accessed, where it would list all the existing menu items and the appropriate one can be selected.
- If a user wishes not to add the page to an existing menu item then “do not add to menu” must be selected.
- Click next and it will lead you to a screen shown below where your page can be edited.
- Click update button once done.