Setting Up Outlook Express Email
- Launch Outlook Express.
- Click on Tools in the menu bar and select Accounts from the drop down.
- Now click on the Add button at the top right corner and select Mail from the list.
- The first window prompts you to enter your name. This will be your display name. Enter your desired display name and click Next.
- In the next box enter your full email address and click Next.
- In this email server name window select POP3 from the drop down at the top of the page which says “My Incoming Mail Server Is A ———– Server”.(i) Incoming mail would be mail.element74.com
(ii) Outgoing mail would be smtp.element74.com
- In this Internet Mail log on box, enter your full email address in the account name box and your desired password in the password box and click Next.
- Click Finish in the next screen. You will see a congratulations message. Your account has been created, but more configurations need to be done for the email client to function.
- You will be directed back to the first box and will see mail.element74.com listed. Highlight mail.element74.com and click Properties.
- Click the General tab and enter the required information.(i) Enter your name
(ii) Your email address in their appropriate boxes.
(iii) Make sure you check the box which says “Include This Account When Receiving Mail Or Synchronizing”.
(iv) Click the Server tab and enter “Make Sure You Have All The Information For All The Boxes Available” and make sure to check the box which says “Remember Password” and also “My Server Requires Authentication Box Needs To Be Checked”.
- Click the Advanced tab and enter “25” for (SMTP) and “110” for (POP3) and click Ok and then close.If you are using DSL as your broadband connection, you might have to change the outgoing port to “2525”. Some DSL providers such as SBC block port “25”.
- You will now see a small pop up window which asks if you would like to download folders from the mail server you added.Say yes to it and you’ll see all of your emails in Outlook Express.